Installation Operations Manager
Are you ambitious, self-driven and willing to go the extra mile? Then you should join our successful TrackMan Operations team!
Since the very beginning, TrackMan has benefited from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. As always, we are looking for the very best talent to take our success story to the next level. Now, we are looking for people who are passionate about golf and the profession of project management to join our Driving Range Operations team. Are you experienced in construction, operations, or development projects and interested in expanding your expertise in Project Management? Then this is a great opportunity to take the lead in our Installation team where your experiences in the fields of operations and leadership will be crucial. You will be leading a dedicated and growing installation team covering all of Americas.
TrackMan A/S is a fast-growing sports technology company that develops, manufactures and sells 3D ball flight measurement systems for a variety of sports verticals. Originally developed for golf, TrackMan now enjoys a market leader position in several sports disciplines in measuring and delivering real-time sports motion data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects and teams for TrackMan Range installations, from design phase to completed installation
- Support sales team by preparing & delivering design plans, layouts for prospective clients
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Work directly with all customers and installation team to understand and verify all project requirements and prerequisites (including shipping)
- Track and analyze projects’ performance, expenditures, procurement and report about any possibl or current blockers, risks, overflows, deficits
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Collect management requirements and transform it into projects pipeline
- Work with resource management on resource planning, availability and allocation according to projects pipeline
- Based on provided scope and requirements translate them into tasks, schedule and assign tasks
- Communicate to the management changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Scheduling client installations and maintaining calendar in appropriate manners
- Installation planning, optimization, budgeting and cost follow-up
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establishing best practices and innovative concepts related to product shipping, installation, and support
- 2+ years in project/product management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; potential night and weekend availability
- Excellent balance of technical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of radar technology
- Good understanding of construction and project management
- Ability to learn and apply the use of department, job, and role specific policies, processes, procedures and technologies
- Communicates effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications; information which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively and adapts
- Seeks new opportunities and challenges with urgency, energy, and enthusiasm
- Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals
- Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement
- Is able to consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives.
- Bachelor of Science or other applicable degree
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The chance to work with a dynamic and global team.
- The opportunity to make a major impact in a company on the leading edge of technology, data, and sports.
TrackMan Inc is a drug-free environment.
Apply today and join a company with great technologies, great colleagues, and great opportunities to grow.
If you have any question, please contact Kevin Noble, Director of Customer Service. Phone: +1-810-225-9855 ext. 242. Start date is as soon as possible, and interviews take place on an ongoing basis.